Wednesday 3 October 2012

Brief development session

Today I put up my piece of promotional material along with my personal and InPress business cards. I am pleased with how they look displayed together on the wall. Mine wasn't mentioned as one of the designs that stood out the most from afar, but some feedback I got was that when you look closer it's a nice piece of design because of the different stock and detail, but maybe add some colour to make it stand out.



We then got to work on developing our briefs. I have chosen four final briefs to work on, I have merged all of the InPress work into one large brief, which should be manageable as it is a collaboration between four. I have also merged the Japan Matsuri brief with my idea to create a book, as I didn't want to to discard either and think that they would work as one. I am also going to work on the RSA Yorkshire Water brief with Francesca and collaborate with Will on a skills driven brief. 
Overall I think this is a good mix, as I am working both collaboratively and independently. I have a live competition brief, a live events based brief, branding, both screen and print based design and a surface pattern based brief that will hopefully improve my illustration skills.

We were told to list the skills, context, content and products in relation to each brief and then compare them to our prewritten lists of things we want and need to achieve as designers. I am pleased to see that all of my ultimate twenty wants and needs are incorporated into my chosen briefs. I am feeling optimistic and motivated to get the most out of this first semester! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment