Monday 20 February 2012

YCN Live Briefs

For this module we need to pair up and look at live competition briefs. We were asked to choose two that we like the look of and one that we would hate doing. I have asked Lisa and we have decided that we would work well together. This is mainly due to that fact that we have very different strengths and we could incorporate these. I am mainly image based and love type as image. Lisa has taken the typography module, so will have more knowledge in this area, and from what I have seen of her work she really likes working with info graphics and is very skilled when working with moving image.

The brief that we have both agreed that we would hate to work on is the SEGA brief. The brief is to create a piece of communication that celebrates the 20th anniversary of Sports Interactive. I have no interest and have little knowledge in sports or sports computer games. This would make it a really hard brief to work on as I would have to do a lot of research and put myself into the shoes of someone who is interested in these things.











The first brief that caught my eye is the one for Swarovski, they are launching a new brand aimed at younger girls. This is a very broad brief and I think that me and Lisa could put together our skills to produce a broad range of promotional material. 
I have also known about Swarovski's new brand for a while, as my sister has a new job with them and a hand in the branding and launch of the new brand. This would hopefully be beneficial to us as we could ask her for first hand knowledge on the new brand, and what type of thing they're looking for.













I also found an article on the new brand launch...





The second brief that caught my attention is the one for FeelGood. There is a choice of two briefs, either to increase their brand awareness or to inform people of their no added sugar in their drinks. I am really into promotion and brand awareness so this brief really appeals to me. I also love the vibe I get from FeelGood, they are quirky and fun and go with my general design style. They also promote having a healthier lifestyle, which is something I'm all for promoting.









No comments:

Post a Comment