Monday 14 November 2011

Good is...

 I have started looking at some more natural looking textures as I think this will suit my designs better than the other ones that I have created. I have stuck mainly to earthy colours and textures to stick to my tribal theme. After I found the textures online I started to experiment with layering on Illustrator. I have started by decreasing the opacity on one of the textures I created a few days ago and layering it on top.









I have put my illustrations on top to see how it looks and also changed the opacity on them. I think the background at the moment looks too yellow in comparison to the pictures, although I do like them when they are less opaque and show some of the texture through.



I then started experimenting with layering some gradients to add more depth to the image.



I also tried adding a drop shadow and outer glow, both however just looked tacky in my opinion. It also made the file size massive, which would complicate things when going to print.



This is my favourite outcome, using a textured layer, then a gradient and then finally a texture created by myself with little opacity.


No comments:

Post a Comment