Friday 15 April 2011

The beginings of my sketchpad. I have started by making my conversations visual (some conversations I recorded myself, some taken from my secondary research). So far they seem to be illustrative type, I have found it hard to incorporate illustrations with type and found it easier to express the tone of the conversation using colour and shape within the type itself.


 The front, 'what is a line' in a line.

 I found it more amusing to take little snippets of conversation, that seem funnier out of context of the entire conversation.




 Just a constant stream of conversation in my normal handwriting, a bit boring to look at and doesn't really communicate anything instantly.

I really like the effect of engraving type in silver, its really visually pleasing and brings the image to life.
This style of illustration is my favourite, it was one of my original images that I have designed on illustrator. I am thinking of doing a series of these, but definitely prefer the digital version in comparison to the illustrations I have done in inks, markers and pencils. I think to make them work well as a series I will have to use conversations with a similar tone of voice, one sided phone conversations perhaps?
A few more developments of an earlier illustration. Again I really like the effect it has engraved in silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment