Sunday 11 November 2012

Sticker Paper


I have been on a search for eco-friendly sticker paper for my calendar design idea. The main problem is the adhesive used on the back of the paper, preventing them from being biodegradable. I have found a website that stocks sticky labels that can be recycled or used as compost, they use 'a permanent acrylic adhesive, emulsion based, designed for biodegradable roll label constructions, offering a perfect combination of quick tack and shear resistance, and an outstanding adhesion to most substrates.' The only problem is that they are already cut down to size, not leaving me much room for design. 


I have looked around for different types of sticker paper, and self adhesive paper that is environmentally friendly. There just seems to be a major lack of it. As this is something I want to actually make and send to studios, and not just mock up, I want to be able to practice what I preach and actually use sustainable materials. As for this design idea sticker paper would make up pretty much the whole product, I just don't think it's a great idea after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment