Thursday 17 November 2011

Good is...

I have been finishing off my poster ready for print later today. I have adjusted the layout and images slightly, but have also considered the print settings.



I have decided that I will either want to foil or a spot colour where the dots are on the main image so I have created a separate spot swatch, as so far I have been using just CMYK.


Where PANTONE 111 U is either the gold spot or foiling will go.






I have also left room for a 3mm bleed.

I am a bit worried about the ink limit being too much in some areas so I thought I'd double check this on InDesign. We got shown this in one of our sessions, but I couldn't work out a way to do it on illustrator... so InDesign it is!


I am glad I checked this because it turned out that I have gone wrong somewhere. I've realised that for the black outlines I have used registration. Because of the earthy colours in my design I don't really need a rich black so I will edit the swatch to just using the black ink and hopefully it will be ok.


Problem solved!



No comments:

Post a Comment