Tuesday 28 September 2010

Alphabet Soup

Before given the brief we were asked to look at the many different examples of letters we had collected over the summer, and then categorise them into the following groups; Italic, Bold, Serif, Sans Serif, Regular, Light, Font and Point Size. This made me realise that there is a lot more to type than initially meets the eye, especially when discussing all the potential groups that they could be put into.

We then had to pick a word out of 'The Randomizer' which would direct our brief. My word was DIVIDE...

 Following my research and development of ideas I have taken an interest in using the negative space around the letter. I am going to continue by experimenting with acetate and layering as a way to divide different sections of the letter form.



No comments:

Post a Comment